Cinnamon Bread with my homemade cinnamon chips may be the best bread recipe on my site! This cinnamon bread is my favorite and I will make this for gifts anytime I give a food gift to a family friend or relative. I love cinnamon and there is something about the homemade chips that just makes this recipe delicious and it stands out from all the others. This bread could be frozen, keeps well in a cool place for several days and is delicious with coffee anytime. Slather it with butter for a real treat. Reheat in oven or microwave. If you like cinnamon, you can’t go wrong with this bread.
Cinnamon bread ingredients needed:
White granulated sugar
my homemade cinnamon chips or can use bought cinnamon chips
This bread is one of our most popular recipes! We are so thrilled so many of you love it. Check out these wonderful reviews:
“My 9 year old twins made this bread for a Thanksgiving breakfast treat and it is delicious!!! We made cinnamon chips last night with coconut butter, coconut oil, honey and cinnamon which worked great too. Next time we’ll try your cinnamon chips just to compare. Thanks for this recipe! New tradition for Thanksgiving!” – Katie
“My husband found this recipe, because he is a cinnamon addict lol. I made it twice already with the homemade cinnamon chips. We both love it so so much.” – Sofie
“I’ve made the bread multiple times it is soooooo good. I can’t make it too often cause I have no self control because it’s that good.” – Christine
“This is delicious. I made your cinnamon chips and it couldn’t be easier. I will definitely make this again.” – Cheryl
Full recipe in recipe card below.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
- 1 stick or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup my homemade cinnamon chips or can use bought cinnamon chips
- Combine softened butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and mix with a mixer in a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon.
- Combine both mixtures and add buttermilk and sour cream. Mix with mixer. Fold in cinnamon chips with a spoon. Spray a 9 x 5 bread pan with cooking spray and add mixture. (I sprinkle a little white sugar on top before baking)
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes until center tests done. Makes 1 loaf.
Don’t Forget to Pin Cinnamon Bread!
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.