This is definitely my best banana bread recipe. Once you try this one, you will make it all the time. My only problem with this bread is that I cannot leave it alone and could eat a loaf by myself. This recipe was an experiment and it turned out to be our best one using bananas ever. One of our most popular recipes. Try this great bread.. I promise your family will love it!
Best Banana Bread Ever Ingredients:
White granulated sugar
Medium-sized bananas, mashed
If you plan to use the glaze (I highly recommend that you do!).. you will need powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. This bread is one of our most popular for a reason, it really is THAT good! I have made this so many times for many different occasions and it’s always a hit. This would be a wonderful addition to any brunch because it is so good with coffee.
Recipe feedback: “Absolutely AMAZING. I’m not a huge banana bread person, nor am I a baker of any sorts, but this recipe has me baking banana breads to be proud of!! I’m making it for the second time in a week–usually I’m a recipe tweaker but this one is absolute perfection all on its own. 10/10!!!!” – Devon
“I just made this banana bread and all I can say is “Best Banana Bread EVER!!!!! Thank you so very much for sharing this recipe. So delicious!!! My husband and I love it.” – Jackie
“I am 68 years old and have made and tried many different banana bread recipes. This is the best ever!! It’s a permanent addition to my recipes! Thanks for sharing!”-Deborah
“I made this bread and OMG, it was AMAZING! It was really moist and flavorful. I added additional nuts and it still came out great. It lasted a couple of days and was still good.”-Latonia
“Omg, AMAZING!! Thank you. My family absolutely loved it and it was easy to make and so incredibly moist. Can’t wait to make it again soon” -Diana
Scroll down for full printable recipe.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
TIP: Always cut quick breads with a serrated knife and cook on the middle oven shelf for best results.
Best Banana Bread Ever
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup melted
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium sized bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Swirl for Batter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts), Optional
Drizzle Topping for Baked Bread
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk more or less
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together flour and baking soda in a large bowl and set aside. Combine melted butter, sugar, sour cream, eggs, bananas and vanilla extract. Stir together with a spoon. Add to flour mixture and mix well with spoon. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray and add batter to pan. Add swirl.
- Combine and spread on top of the banana batter. Take a knife and swirl into batter. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 65 to 70 minutes checking until done as ovens vary. It took mine 70 minutes to cook. Remove from oven and let cool. Drizzle on topping below.
Drizzle Topping Instructions
- Whisk together and drizzle over cooled banana bread.
If you like this recipe, you might also like my recipe for Pumpkin Banana Bread.
Be sure and PIN this recipe:
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.
Follow us on Instagram.