Hawaiian banana bread is so good and so easy to make. I love this bread in the mornings with my coffee. The pineapple just adds something making this bread extra special. This is a wonderful bread to give as a gift to a neighbor or friend or take it to someone who is ill or not able to get out of the house. You could double this recipe. It keeps for several days in a cool place. Make it for any gathering as a delicious treat your guests will love. You might also like my recipe for best banana bread ever.
Hawaiian Banana Bread Ingredients Needed:
White granulated sugar
Can of crushed pineapple in juice
Nuts, pecans or walnuts
You can drizzle with my recipe for basic powdered sugar glaze. You could also add 1/2 cup coconut to this recipe. This bread is the perfect addition to any breakfast or brunch. We love pecans in this bread but if you are not a fan of nuts simply leave them out. Most bread recipes are versatile.
If you have followed our website for any amount of time you know we love banana bread. We probably have over 15 banana bread recipes! This Maple Banana Bread is wonderful for the Fall season.
“Kudos to you the Southern lady. I’ve made this repeatedly over and over again . It’s absolutely fantastic no changes to the recipe. Those of you who have not made this yet, fair warning you don’t need to freeze it. It just disappears, and I double the recipe. Thank you for the fantastic recipe!” – Sonya
“This recipe is amazing. I made it exactly as the recipe called for, no changes. I tripled the recipe and made three loaves. This is a definite do-over and will be hand-written in my “keeper” recipe book that I put all my do-over recipes.” – Robin
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Hawaiian Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter or 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons softened
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts pecans or walnuts
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside. Cream the eggs, sugar, butter using a mixer. Add bananas, crushed pineapple and vanilla extract and continue mixing. Combine with flour mixture and mix all together with mixer.
- Fold in nuts with spoon. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Add your batter to the pan and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 60 to 65 minutes until middle tests done.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Can drizzle with my recipe for basic powdered sugar glaze. Makes 1 loaf.
Don’t Forget to Pin Hawaiian Banana Bread.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.