This recipe for Amish Pasta Salad is one of our most popular recipes. It has wonderful reviews and has been a family favorite for many years. It’s perfect to take to any gathering. Every event I have ever taken this delicious salad too, I come home with an empty pan. I can eat this pasta salad for breakfast! We hope it becomes one of your family favorites, too. You might also enjoy our recipe for maple baked beans with sausage as another great side dish.
Amish Pasta Salad Simple Ingredients:
Medium shell pasta
Hard-boiled and chopped
Jar of pimentos
Sweet pickle relish
Apple cider vinegar
Every time I post this recipe I get asked “Can I leave the sugar out”.. of course you can, but in my opinion the dish won’t be as good. The ingredients in this salad go together very well and that is what makes it such a hit. All recipes are versatile and I always urge people to make the recipe “their own”, but this pasta salad is excellent the way it is written. You can add a meat if you like, such as cooked chicken, diced ham, tuna or shrimp. If the pasta gets dry after a day or so, just add more mayonnaise.
The other most common question “What mayonnaise do you use?”.. Dukes.. we always use Dukes!
Recipe feedback: “This is the best recipe. My whole family will eat it even the picky ones. By far my favorite pasta salad. Thank you.” – Kim
“Wow this pasta salad is amazing! I made it on the weekend and we just loved it. The recipe is a keeper for sure.” – Karen
“I made this delicious pasta salad this weekend and it is so good!! Reminds me of my Amish Grandmother’s salad and no one had the recipe all these years! Thank you so much for your wonderful recipes!” – Teresa
“This is my favorite recipe for making Amish Macaroni Salad! I added a red pepper, chopped, because I didn’t have pimentos. Also, added thawed, frozen peas. Amazing!!! My mother asks me to make it for every family gathering . She even wanted it for her birthday as her present!! I have had to triple the recipe since everyone wants to take some home. Thank you for your great recipes. I use them all the time!” – Sherri
Full recipe in recipe card below.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Amish Pasta Salad
- 1 16 ounce box medium shell pasta, uncooked
- 5 eggs hard-boiled and chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion chopped
- 1 2 ounce jar pimentos drained
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a large bowl mix pasta, eggs, onion, pimentos, celery, green pepper and relish. In another bowl mix garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, celery seed, mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, mustard and vinegar.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the pasta and mix well. Can sprinkle with more paprika. Chill in refrigerator several hours or overnight. This makes about 12 cups and keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.
Don’t forget to pin this delicious pasta salad!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.