These classic Lunch Lady Brownies are always a hit!
If you love fudgy, chewy, brownies you will definitely want to make these. They are incredible and super easy to make. The frosting really takes them to the next level. If you do make these be prepared for them to disappear fast. These lunch lady brownies are perfect to take to any gathering. They keep well in an air tight container too.
Lunch Lady Brownies Ingredients Needed:
Evaporated Milk or real milk
Note: I added pecans to my most recent batch and they were delicious! If you like nuts in your brownies add them. I also only used 1.5 cups of powdered sugar for the frosting and that worked well too.
Recipe Feedback: “You were right…best brownies ever! Absolutely delicious, my family loved them. Thank you for all your wonderful recipes. I love Front Porch Life Magazine too.”-Jessica
“Best brownies I’ve ever made! Seriously incredible. Thank you for this delicious recipe. Keeper for sure!”-Carol
“Followed the directions exactly and they turned out perfect. My family loves them! Definitely a recipe I will make over and over!”-Tammy
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Lunch Lady Brownies
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of butter melted
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of evaporated milk or real milk I used evaporated
- 1/4 cup of butter softened
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9X13 baking dish with foil and spray with a non stick cooking spray. I like to use Pam. Combine cocoa and melted butter in bowl and mix with an electric mixer. Then add flour and sugar and continue to beat together. Next add eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined, but don't over mix. The batter will be thick.
- Next spread into prepared baking dish and spread evenly. The batter will be thick, so this may take a moment. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until fork inserted in center comes out clean. It took mine exactly 30 minutes, but all ovens vary.
- Let cool 15 minutes and add frosting. You will want the brownies warm when you add the frosting.
- Beat together all frosting ingredients until smooth. Pour and spread over brownies. Let them completely cool before cutting. If you find that your frosting is too thick, you can always add a little more milk to get the right consistency before spreading over the brownies.
Be sure and pin these delicious Lunch Lady Brownies:
Follow us on Instagram.
Follow us on Pinterest
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.