HASH BROWN AND SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
This Hash Brown and Sausage casserole is great to serve for a brunch with grits, gravy and biscuits. Your family and guests will love this sausage breakfast casserole. It makes a wonderful holiday breakfast, too! This recipe is a favorite of my family. Easy to make and the perfect way to start the day! Reheats well too!
Hash Brown and Sausage Casserole ingredients needed:
Frozen hash browns, regular or Southern style
Sausage or ham (could also use bacon or smoked sausage or any meat you like.
Salt and pepper to taste
Garlic powder, Optional
Shredded cheddar cheese
I have made this breakfast casserole both in 10 inch iron skillet and a 9X9 dish. You can easily double the ingredients and make it in a 9X13 for a larger crowd.
Breakfast casseroles are great for any holiday gathering as they feed quite a few people. We love this one with sausage but you could honestly use any meat you desire. You could also serve this in tortillas, topped with salsa and sour cream. Delicious! Super versatile dish. If you love hash browns check out our Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole. It’s also great for any gathering.
“I made this last month for a family get together brunch. Everybody wanted the recipe. It was so good! Thanks” – Sherri
“We loved this delicious breakfast casserole! So easy to make and reheats well too. I made it for our Christmas breakfast, we had some leftover and it was just as good the next day!” – Kathleen
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Hash Brown and Sausage Casserole
- 1 lbs. frozen hash browns regular or Southern style
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1 lbs. sausage or ham cooked (could also use bacon or smoked sausage or any meat you like)
- 5 eggs beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder Optional
- 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Oil for cooking hash browns
- Heat oil, add hash browns, onion and peppers. Cook till potatoes begin to brown. Spray 9 x 9 baking dish or 10 inch iron skillet with cooking spray. Spread potato mixture in pan, top with cooked sausage or ham.
- Pour beaten eggs over all and season with salt and pepper and garlic. Gently stir to coat all ingredients with eggs. Sprinkle with cheese. Can refrigerate overnight and then bake.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
Don’t Forget to Pin!
You might also like my garlic cheese grits and buttermilk biscuits.
Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.