Molasses Oat Bread is so good straight from the oven and slathered with butter for breakfast or with coffee anytime. The whole wheat flour and walnuts give this oat bread a nutty flavor you will enjoy. This is a great fall bread to serve friends and family as a snack, with any meal or at any gathering.
Molasses Oat Bread Ingredients Needed:
Whole Wheat Flour
All Purpose Flour
This bread is one you will make over and over, it’s seriously that good! It’s one of our favorites and has a wonderful flavor. It you love making homemade bread you will also love this Old Fashioned Sweet Bread, it is one your grandmother probably made. It’s another very popular recipe!
If you are not a fan of walnuts you can always use pecans or leave the nuts out all together. This is great bread to enjoy with coffee in the morning.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Molasses Oat Bread
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup molasses I used sorghum molasses. You can use whatever you have
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil I used Canola
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- In a large bowl using a whisk mix together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oats, salt and baking powder.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the buttermilk, egg, oil and molasses. Combine the two bowls and mix well with a spoon.
- Spray a 9 x 4 bread pan and add dough. Sprinkle the walnuts on top of the dough.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Let cool 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Makes 1 loaf.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.You may also like my Honey Oat Bread. © The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.