Pineapple blueberry bread is easy, delicious and wonderful with your morning coffee. This bread is so good and if you like blueberries and pineapple, you will love this recipe. It keeps several days in a cool spot or refrigerated and can be heated in the microwave or oven and slathered with butter for breakfast. Pineapple blueberry bread is great for an afternoon snack with a tall glass of our sweet tea.
Pineapple blueberry bread ingredients needed:
White granulated sugar
Sour cream (could use milk)
Crushed pineapple with its own syrup
Chopped pecans or your favorite nuts
Drizzle on my basic powdered sugar glaze recipe, eat plain or just sprinkle on some powdered sugar. We also love this bread as a dessert, it’s delicious topped with whipped cream or ice cream. This bread would be perfect for any wedding or baby shower.
“Hi I’m from Northern Ireland, and love this recipe!! When my friends tasted it they wanted the recipe too !
It turned out beautiful! And is now a big favourite! Thank you!” -Clare
“I made this bread for my daughters wedding shower brunch! It was a huge hit, the flavor is great and many wanted the recipe. Thank you so much!” -Lisa
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Pineapple Blueberry Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup softened
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream could use milk
- 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple with its own syrup, (do not drain)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or your favorite nuts
- In a bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. In a mixing bowl, using the mixer, combine butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, pineapple and vanilla extract. Add in flour mixture and mix just until all ingredients are wet.
- Fold in blueberries and coconut with a spoon. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray and add ingredients. Sprinkle nuts on top. Can add a few additional blueberries if you like.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until center tests done. Let cool 10 minutes before taking out of pan. Drizzle on my basic powdered sugar glaze recipe, eat plain or just sprinkle on some powdered sugar. Makes 1 loaf.
Don’t forget to pin this delicious pineapple blueberry bread:
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.