This recipe for Baked Spaghetti has been a favorite of my family for years. It’s easy to make and a reheats really well. I love to make this for a big Sunday dinner and enjoy leftovers for the next few days. Just add some garlic bread and a salad for a great meal.
Baked Spaghetti Simple Ingredients:
Dried oregano or Italian seasoning
Italian Spaghetti Sauce or pasta sauce of your choice
Parmesan cheese, divided
Cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
You can use riccotta or cottage cheese, I have made it with both and it was delicious either way. This recipe is one you will make over and over and it has wonderful reviews!
“This was amazing! I just made it tonight with some roasted vegetables. I will definitely be making it again. My son even asked to bring it to school tomorrow in his lunch.” – Karen
“I followed recipe exactly as written here and oh my gosh it’s delicious!!! I can’t wait to try more recipes. Thank you!” – Monica
“Made this tonight and it was an instant hit. The only difference I made was adding mushrooms and green olives to the meats sauce, and I cooked the ground beef with the minced garlic and oregano. Kids and hubby ate it up….no leftovers!! Thanks for a great recipe!!” – Jessica
If you love this dish you may also love our Chicken Parmesan Meatball Skillet! Super easy and made with ground chicken.
Full printable recipe in recipe card below.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
- 1.5- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 24 ounce container Italian Spaghetti Sauce or pasta sauce of your choice
- 1 8 ounces of spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 24 ounce container cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground beef, green pepper, and onion in a large skillet on top of the stove, drain. Add the oregano, black pepper, salt, minced garlic and Italian Spaghetti sauce to hamburger and stir to mix.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions, drain. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Add the hot spaghetti and toss with the 2 tablespoons of butter and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Spread spaghetti in bottom of dish and cover with entire container of cottage cheese.
- Spread the hamburger mixture over the cottage cheese. Top with the other 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and the 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven covered for 30 minutes. Remove covering and cook for 15 more minutes.
Don’t Forget to Pin our Baked Spaghetti!
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder