This Cajun baked spaghetti is a twist on an old classic.
Honestly, I think my family could eat this dish every week. My husband loves it and I love making it because…. it’s so simple to prepare. Cajun baked spaghetti makes the perfect weeknight dinner. It takes no time to put together and it’s full of flavor. So when you don’t have a ton of time to spend in the kitchen, this is the recipe to make. I’ve also taken this dish to several potlucks and always come home with an empty bowl. Add our savory cheese muffins and you have a wonderful meal.
Ingredients Needed for Cajun Baked Spaghetti:
Andouille sausage (I have also used smoked sausage and smoked turkey sausage)
Sweet peppers or green pepper
Diced tomatoes, drained
Shredded cheddar cheese
Recipe Notes: If you don’t like Andouille sausage, you can always use smoked sausage or smoked turkey sausage. My family loves cheddar cheese but you could easily use mozzarella or parmesan in this recipe. Cajun seasoning can be found in almost every grocery store. If you can’t find it, you can always make your own with our recipe.
If you liked easy-baked pasta dishes, then you might want to try our French Onion beef bake. It’s so good!
Scroll down for the full recipe.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Cajun Baked Spaghetti
- 1 13.5 ounce package of andouille sausage can use smoked sausage or smoked turkey sausage
- 8 ounces of spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1 cup of diced sweet peppers or green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 can of diced tomatoes drained
- 2-3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Slice sausage and brown in skillet over medium heat with onions and peppers. Stir in diced tomatoes, cream cheese and seasonings. Simmer for 5 minutes until cream cheese is melted.
- Mix cooked pasta and sausage mixture together and place in a 2 quart baking dish. Cover with shredded cheese and bake on 350 for 20-30 minutes.
Don’t forget to Pin:
Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.