MEXICAN BAKED SPAGHETTI
Mexican baked spaghetti is a twist on an old classic.
This dish is easy and delicious. This baked spaghetti is the perfect weeknight dinner. It’s simple to throw together and is fabulous comfort food. If you happen to have leftovers, they reheat great! I always make up this casserole when I know my family has a busy week ahead of them. It’s one of our favorites.
Ingredients Needed for Mexican Baked Spaghetti:
Ground beef or ground turkey
Mexican shredded cheese
Diced tomatoes (I use Rotel’s Lime and Cilantro)
Packet of taco seasoning
Cream cheese, softened
Can of green chilies
Can of refried beans
Recipe Notes: This is a very versatile recipe. Add in a can of black beans if you aren’t a fan of refried beans. Add whichever toppings your family likes best. You could easily use ground turkey or ground chicken instead of ground beef. Garnish with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, and tortilla chips.
Recipe Comments: “Wow, this was excellent! So glad I found this recipe. I found that it reheats very well, so my husband and I enjoyed it for 3 nights!!! It’s terrific with a little sour cream, jalapeno, and tortilla chips! Thanks so much for the recipe!”-Dee
“I’m so glad I found this recipe! It’s so good and my entire family loves it. Definitely will be making this dish a lot.”-Kerri
Scroll down for the full recipe.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately!
Mexican Baked Spaghetti
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 8 ounces of spaghetti noodles
- 2-3 cups of Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 can of diced tomatoes I use Rotels Lime and Cilantro
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 4 ounces of cream cheese softened
- 1 4 ounce can of green chilies
- 1 16 ounce can of refried beans
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta according to package directions. Brown ground beef over medium heat until cooked through. Drain. Add taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, green chilis, cream cheese and refried beans to the ground beef and cook over medium heat until cooked through and warm.
- Grease a 9X13 baking dish and place half the noodles on the bottom. Spread meat mixture over noodles. Cover with half of the shredded cheese. Repeat. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole and tortilla chips.
Don’t forget about our traditional Baked Spaghetti. It has wonderful reviews!
Be sure and pin this delicious Mexican Baked Spaghetti:
Are you on Instagram? Follow us!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.