Beef tips and gravy is an easy crock pot recipe. This recipe for beef tips and gravy is delicious over mashed potatoes, pasta or rice. Of course, we love these beef tips and gravy over mashed potatoes because my family loves potatoes any way you fix them. This is a delicious recipe you can serve guests or make it on a weeknight for an easy weeknight meal when you get home from a busy day. We love this gravy and I have to make a lot along with the beef tips. You might also like Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles.
Ingredients Needed for Crockpot Beef Tips and Gravy:
Stew meat or sirloin tips
Medium onion, cut in rings
Olive oil or cooking oil
Cans of beef broth
Package of onion soup mix
If you make this you definitely need to add cornbread muffins! The best addition to this recipe because the cornbread is amazing with the gravy!
Recipe Comments: “I made this for Sunday dinner! I doubled the recipe, but changed nothing! It was a hit!! Amaze balls !!! Thank you for such a wonderful recipe!-Sunny
“These beef tips are Ahhhmazing! I’m making them for the 2nd time right now (the first time I made them, the bf said “these are GOOD!” no less than 5 times during dinner.) The only thing I added to it was a bit of red wine. Thanks so much for the recipe!”-Jennifer
“One of the best recipes I have tried. I did add one can of beef consume and OMG delicious and I served it over rice this time.” – Marie
“Really awesome! We are adding this to our weekly rotation. It is like pot roast and gravy but on a smaller, bite size scale. We put it over mashed potatoes and my family OOOO’d and AAAAAA’d all over it!” – Sarah
Full printable recipe in recipe card below with video!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Beef Tips and Gravy
- 1 1/2 pounds stew meat or sirloin tips
- 1 medium onion cut in rings
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 10.5 ounce cans beef broth
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch optional
- Heat oil in skillet and brown onions. Remove onions and put in crock pot. In a bowl whisk together the flour, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Dredge the meat in the flour mixture and cook in skillet where you browned the onions until browned.
- Add meat to crock pot. If you have flour left in the bowl from dredging the meat leave it in the bowl and add the 2 cans of beef broth, 1 package of onion soup mix, 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and whisk all together. Pour over meat and onions in the crock pot
- Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours. If you want the gravy to be thicker, remove a 1/2 cup gravy and whisk in 1 tablespoon cornstarch and add back to the crock pot. Cook on high for 10 to 15 minutes longer. Makes about 8 servings.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Don’t forget to pin:.
Are you on Instagram? Follow us!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.