Easy corn casserole is an old-fashioned recipe we have made for years. This casserole is so easy to throw together anytime you want a great side dish with very little work. This dish is made without Jiffy Cornbread Mix.
If you love this side dish you will want to try this delicious Broccoli Casserole! It’s been a family favorite for many years and a wonderful dish for any holiday gathering.
Table of contents
❤️WHY WE LOVE THIS EASY SIDE DISH
This dish is very easy to make and really doesn’t require a lot of prep. You only use one bowl to combine all the ingredients, pour it into a casserole dish and bake! So not a lot of clean up, which is always a plus. This dish is also good reheated, can be doubled, and is a simple side dish that goes great with most meals.
- All-purpose flour
- White granulated sugar
- Black pepper
- Evaporated milk (could use regular milk)
- Butter, melted
- Frozen or fresh whole kernel corn, no need to thaw if frozen
- Creamed corn
🍽️HOW TO MAKE
This dish is straightforward and as stated above you only need one bowl and your ingredients.
In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and pepper. Add milk, melted butter, frozen and creamed corn. Stir with a spoon. Add eggs and stir.
Pour into a casserole dish. I used a 10 x 10 casserole dish and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes until the center is set and casserole is brown around the edges.
I usually stir this halfway through the cooking process.
The combination of creamed and regular corn makes this dish delicious. Many people make corn casserole with jiffy cornbread mix but we love this dish. If you love cornbread type corn dish you will love our Cornbread Pudding.
We enjoy corn side dishes so we have a few on our site that are perfect for any gathering. If you love corn dishes check these out:
SERVE THIS WITH
❓FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You can use another can of regular corn.
Yes, you can.
STORING AND REHEATING
We just cover the dish this is in with foil or put in an Tupperware container. You can reheat in the oven on 350 for 10-15 minutes or use the microwave.
💕MORE POPULAR RECIPES TO ENJOY
This makes about 6 servings and can easily be doubled.
Easy Corn Casserole
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup evaporated milk could use regular milk
- 1 stick or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn no need to thaw
- 1 14.75 ounce can creamed corn
- 2 eggs
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and pepper. Add milk, melted butter, frozen and creamed corn. Stir with a spoon. Add eggs and stir.
- Pour into a casserole dish. I used a 10 x 10 casserole dish and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes until the center is set and casserole is brown around the edges.
- I usually stir this halfway through the cooking process. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Are you reading our magazine?
Join 1000’s of others and start a subscription today. Full of new recipes, inspiring stories, country living, and much more.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.