BAKED FRENCH TOAST MUFFINS
These French Toast Muffins are really easy to make and wonderful treat! These are a great addition to any breakfast or brunch and my family loves them. These little muffins are soft on the inside with a wonderful crisp. We used French bread for these muffins but they are very versatile. You could use sourdough, croissants or whatever you prefer. The
French Toast Muffins Ingredients Needed:
These muffins would be wonderful during the holiday season. These are made all at one time, which is much easier than making French toast in a skillet. You could double this recipe for a larger group and add many delicious toppings. You can always make these in muffins wrappers if you wanted to display them on a neat tray for a brunch, etc.
- Top with honey instead of maple syrup
- Toss some pecans on top before they go in the oven
- Add some strawberries once they come out of the oven, then top with powdered sugar.
You can always make our Homemade Blueberry Syrup or Homemade Cinnamon Syrup to take these to the next level!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Baked French Toast Muffins
- 12 slices of French bread can use any bread you like
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Powdered sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Cut bread in one-inch cubes. Bread should be dry or stale bread.
- You can dry your bread cubes by spreading them on a baking sheet and putting in a 350 degrees oven for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla and maple extracts, 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg in a bowl.
- Add bread cubes to bowl and let soak up all the mixture. Put bread cubes in a sprayed or greased 12-muffin tin.
- Whisk together the 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over bread cubes before baking in preheated 350 degrees oven for 20 minutes.
- For serving sprinkle on powdered sugar and drizzle with maple syrup.
- Makes 12 muffins.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.