CINNAMON BREAD – BEST EVER

this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Cinnamon Bread with my homemade cinnamon chips may be the best bread recipe on my site!  This cinnamon bread is my favorite and I will make this for gifts anytime I give a food gift to a family friend or relative.  I love cinnamon and there is something about the homemade chips that just makes this recipe delicious and it stands out from all the others.  This bread could be frozen, keeps well in a cool place for several days and is delicious with coffee anytime.  Slather it with butter for a real treat.  Reheat in oven or microwave. If you like cinnamon, you can’t go wrong with this bread.

1 stick or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup white granulated sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 cup buttermilk

1/3 cup sour cream

1 cup my homemade cinnamon chips or can use bought cinnamon chips

Combine softened butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and cream with a mixer in a large bowl.  In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon.  Combine with creamed mixture and add buttermilk and sour cream.  Mix with mixer.  Fold in cinnamon chips with a spoon.  Spray a 9 x 5 bread pan with cooking spray and add mixture. (I sprinkle a little white sugar on top before baking)  Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes until center tests done.  Makes 1 loaf.  Enjoy!

Don’t Forget to Pin Cinnamon Bread!

Feel free to “share” by clicking on the Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter icons below.  You can print by clicking on the green printer icon.

1. Michelle Collins says:

I want to make this in mini loaves for gifts. Any idea how many mini loaves this would make and the cooking time for them?

I made some smaller loaves yesterday, Michelle. I cut the cooking time by about five minutes. You can stick a fork in and if it comes out clean they are done. I would say 2 to 3 mini loaves depending on how much batter you put in each pan.

2. Really good!!! When I make it again, I will grease and flour pans instead of just spraying because the homemade cinnamon chips stuck to the glass. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas! LOVE your recipes.

3. Anita honeycutt says:

Can whole wheat flour be used instead of all purpose flour? My husband won’t eat white flour.

4. The recipe directions state “Combine softened butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and cream with a mixer in a large bowl,” but I don’t see cream listed in the ingredients? I see that sour cream is an ingredient, but it is added later in the directions. I just want to make sure I don’t miss something – this bread looks declicious and I can’t wait to try it. Thank you so much!

That is just a cooking term, Erin. When a recipe tells you to cream, it means that you should beat the ingredients until they form a light, uniform and creamy mixture. Hope this helps. The bread is one of our favorites and I think you will love it. Don’t ever hesitate to ask if something doesn’t seem right. We could easily make a mistake.

5. Do the cinnamon chips taste like the candy-type such as Red Hot and Big Red gum? I prefer the natural cinnamon taste instead of the candy type.

The cinnamon chips you make by my recipe taste like the natural cinnamon type, Michelle. I am with you, I don’t like the red hot cinnamon candy. I never buy my chips so I can’t tell you what the bought ones taste like.

6. Made this today with the homemade cinnamon chips. Delicious cinnamon bread! When baking, it went about two inches above the 9×5 bread pan. Cooked to internal temp of 195 F. Perfect. Also, need to let it set up in the pan after baking for awhile… it’s a very moist bread.

7. Martha Morgan says:

Where is the recipe for your cinnamon chips?