Swiss Chicken Casserole is so easy!
My family loves this Swiss chicken casserole. It takes no time to prepare and is wonderful comfort food. This recipe makes the perfect weeknight dinner. You could make this dish with any part of the chicken. You don’t have to use chicken breasts. Throw this casserole together when you have a busy evening planned. You won’t be sorry.
Ingredients Needed for Swiss Chicken Casserole:
Chicken breasts, boneless and skinned
Cream of chicken soup
Can of mushroom pieces
Campbell’s chicken gravy
Box of chicken flavored stuffing mix (I used Kroger brand)
Recipe Notes: You could easily use chicken thighs in this recipe. You could also use cheddar cheese or mozzarella. We have not tried this dish in the crockpot but do feel it would work fine.
Recipe Comments: “I made this a couple of days ago, It is “out of this world delicious”!! The only change I made was…lightly seasoned the chicken with black pepper, garlic powder and seasoned salt.”-Gayle
“Love this easy casserole! It’s become a family staple.”-Julie
If you like this easy casserole, you may want to try our chicken noodle casserole. It’s simple to prepare and has great reviews!
Note.. I put the chicken on top of the stuffing mix, so it would show in the photo. You can make it this way or the way it is stated in the recipe card.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Swiss Chicken Casserole
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts boneless and skinned
- 4 to 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 10 1/2 ounce can Campbell’s cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup onion chopped
- 1 4 ounce can mushroom pieces drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 14 ounce can Campbell’s chicken gravy
- 1 6 ounce box chicken flavored stuffing mix I used Kroger brand
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine or 4 tablespoons melted
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish or a deep dish casserole with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in pan and place a slice of swiss cheese on each breast. Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl with a whisk, pour in uncooked stuffing mix and stir. Pour over the chicken.
- Cook covered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. Remove cover and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 165.