Cinnamon donut muffins will become a favorite to make for breakfast or anytime you want a sweet treat.
These muffins taste a lot like a cinnamon donut and are great with coffee. Kids and adults love these delicious little treats.
I also like to make them when I’m entertaining or have overnight guests. They are perfect for any brunch or gathering. These cinnamon donut muffins have fantastic reviews!
Ingredients Needed for Cinnamon Donut Muffins:
Butter or margarine
Milk or buttermilk
Recipe Feedback: “What an awesome and easy recipe. Tastes delicious, this is my go-to recipe for the kids, they all love it. Thank you for a great recipe.”-Zaheda
“I made these a few nights ago and used the powdered buttermilk. They came out awesome! OMG are these good! Thank you for the recipe I’m afraid to make them again as they were all gone in two days by just my husband and myself! Absolutely delicious!”-Gina
“I made these into mini muffins. I got 38 mini muffins with this recipe. Our family LOVES this recipe! Thank You!”-Chris
If you like this recipe, you might want to try our Cinnamon Sugar Pecan Loaf.
Notes: If you want to use buttermilk in this recipe but you don’t have any, here is a great tip!Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great NEW recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately!
Cinnamon Donut Muffins
- 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine or 12 tablespoons or 3/4 cup softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups of milk or buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for Dip for Muffins
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Using mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs and continue mixing. Add remaining ingredients and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan and fill each cup 3/4 full. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 35 minutes or until browned. Remove and let cool. Makes about 18 muffins depending on size you make them.
Instructions for Dip
- You will need two bowls for dipping. Melt the butter in one bowl and mix the cinnamon and sugar in the other bowl. When the muffins are cool enough to handle, dip in butter and then in cinnamon mixture.