This Strawberry Bread is so good using fresh strawberries. It is wonderful with coffee for breakfast or served as a dessert. This recipe is wonderful for a spring or summer brunch or a wedding/baby shower. Honestly, this bread never disappoints. It’s simply a beautiful bread that’s full of flavor. It’s always a hit when I serve it.
Ingredients needed for Strawberry Bread:
White granulated sugar
Pecan or walnut pieces
Note: I have not tried freezing this bread. We have also never used frozen strawberries in this recipe. This bread keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.
If you like this bread, you might want to try our Hawaiian banana bread. It has fantastic reviews.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately!
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup butter or 1 stick or 8 tablespoons softened
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan or walnut pieces
- Cream together with a mixer the butter, sugar and eggs. In another bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture along with sour cream, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Mix with mixer.
- Fold in nut pieces and sliced strawberries with a spoon. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 60 to 65 minutes until center tests done. Makes 1 loaf.
Be sure and Pin our Strawberry Bread for later:
Are you on Instagram? If so, follow us!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.