This Red Potato Salad is a recipe you will make over and over. My family love any kind of potato salad and this one was a huge hit. Using red potatoes made it easier than our other potato salad recipes since you don’t have to peel the potatoes. We loved the addition of dill pickles which honestly I wasn’t sure about when I was making it but it was a great!
Red Potato Salad Simple Ingredients:
Red potatoes, unpeeled
Regular onion or green onions
We always use Duke’s Mayonnaise but you can use whatever you like and you can also substitute miracle whip too. This red potato salad would be a wonderful addition to any spring or summer gathering. It keeps well too so you could definitely make this the day before. We all agreed the addition of the honey mustard really gave this salad a great taste. Only a few ingredients but really loaded in flavor.
If you love potato salad like we do, you may want to check out this recipe too! Of course sometimes you want to make something a little different and this German Potato Salad is always a hit! It is an oil based potato salad.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Red Potato Salad
- 8 to 10 medium sized red potatoes unpeeled
- 4 eggs hard boiled, peeled and chopped
- 2 dill pickles chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped regular onion or green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Cover the potatoes with water and boil about 25 minutes or until soft when stuck with a fork. Remove from water and let cool.
- In a large bowl cut potatoes in chunks, add chopped eggs, dill pickles, onion, celery seeds, salt and black pepper.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise and honey mustard and add to the other ingredients.
- Toss all ingredients together until well mixed.
- Refrigerate until cold before serving. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Be sure and pin this delicious red potato salad:
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.