Chicken tater tot casserole is delicious! It’s full of chicken, bacon, cheese, Ranch seasoning, tater tots, diced tomatoes, and green chiles mixed together in a creamy sauce. You won’t believe how quickly this simple meal comes together.
Table of contents
❤WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
This chicken tater tot casserole is so simple. It makes the perfect weeknight meal because it’s a “one pot” dish and comes together so quickly. You basically mix, pour, and bake. How easy is that? You can use shredded rotisserie chicken, which makes it even quicker. This is a meal in itself, so no need to worry about any side dishes!
- Cooked diced chicken-you can easily use turkey.
- Cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Sour cream
- Ranch Dressing seasoning
- Diced cooked bacon
- Mild Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles-we like Rotels but you can use any brand you like.
- Frozen tater tots
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Feel free to use any type of cheese that your family enjoys. You can easily make it with pepper jack to add a kick. I have also made this with turkey bacon and it was fantastic.
⭐HOW TO MAKE
This is the easiest dish ever! I’m telling you, tater tot casseroles are just so simple; once you make one, you’ll want to make them again and again.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350.
Step 2: Mix chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, Ranch seasoning, bacon, Rotel tomatoes, and shredded cheese together in a bowl.
Step 3: Add in frozen tater tots and pour into a sprayed 9X13 casserole dish.
Step 4: Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until it starts to brown a bit on top.
To add a touch of crisp to the tater tots, place the dish under the broiler for 2-3 minutes. Please be sure and watch it; it can burn quickly!
You could easily add a can of corn to this dish. Instead of Ranch seasoning, you could add taco seasoning.
SERVE THIS DISH WITH
❓FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
No, they don’t need to be thawed out. They are perfectly fine to cook them while frozen.
No, I wouldn’t leave it out. You can always make your own. Here is the recipe.
✔STORING AND REHEATING
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You can easily reheat any tater toter casserole by placing it in the oven on 325 until it is warmed through. You can also reheat in the microwave.
👩🍳A FEW POPULAR RECIPES
Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken can use turkey
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 16 oz container sour cream
- 1 (1-oz) package of Ranch Dressing seasoning
- 1 cup diced cooked bacon
- 1 (10-oz) can of Mild Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 32 ounce bag frozen tater tots
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, Ranch seasoning, bacon, Rotel tomatoes and shredded cheese together in a bowl.
- Add in frozen tater tots and pour into a sprayed 9X13 casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until it starts to brown a bit on top.
Are you reading our magazine?
Join 1000’s of others and start a subscription today. Full of new recipes, inspiring stories, country living, and much more.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.