BLACK-EYED PEA CASSEROLE
This delicious black-eyed pea casserole is so easy to make!
This hearty dish is one your family will love. Super easy to make and taste great. Wonderful addition to any meal. Sausage, black-eye peas and rice are just meant to go together. This black-eye pea casserole can easily be a main dish.
Black-Eyed Pea Casserole Ingredients you will need:
Pork breakfast sausage
1 can of Rotels diced tomatoes and green chilies
Cream of chicken soup
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Recipe feedback: “This was absolutely delicious!! Going to become a staple in our house! The flavor is wonderful. I love all your recipes, your website and magazine are both so good!” – Jessica
“Great recipe! Easy to make my husband loved it! My sister wanted me to share recipe. Had everything on hand. Love this a real winner.” – Erika
“Made this today. Used Jimmy Dean Sausage and 2 cups of cheese. Poured 1/2 of mixture in dish sprinkled 1 cup of cheese over it. Spread the remaining mixture over the cheese then sprinkled the 2nd cup on top. Baked in a 9×13 dish. Served with toasted French Bread. We loved it.” -LaTerrel
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Black-Eyed Pea Casserole
- 1 lb of pork breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup of onions chopped
- 1/2 cup of green peppers chopped
- 1 can of Rotels diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cans of black-eye peas
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350. Brown sausage, onions and peppers until sausage is no longer pink. Add can of Rotels, Cajun seasoning and oregano and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Next add the 2 cans of black-eyed peas, cooked rice and cream of chicken soup to meat mixture. Put entire mixture in 2 quart casserole dish. Top with one cup of cheddar cheese. Cook in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Be sure and pin this delicious Black-Eyed Pea Casserole:
Follow us on Instagram!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.