BEST BANANA BREAD EVER

Best Banana Bread Ever - TSLC (2)This is definitely my favorite banana bread.  Once you try this one, you will make it all the time.  My only problem with this bread is that I cannot leave it alone and could eat a loaf by myself.  This recipe was an experiment and it turned out to be our favorite banana bread ever.

2 cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup, melted

1/2 cup white granulated sugar

1/3 cup sour cream

2 eggs

3 medium sized bananas, mashed

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Whisk together flour and baking soda in a large bowl and set aside.  Combine melted butter, sugar, sour cream, eggs, bananas and vanilla extract.  Stir together with a spoon.  Add to flour mixture and mix well with spoon.  Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray and add batter to pan.

TSLCCOOKBOOKBANNER1

Swirl for Batter

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 cup chopped nuts, (pecans or walnuts), Optional

Combine and spread on top of the banana batter.  Take a knife and swirl into batter. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 65 to 70 minutes checking until done as ovens vary. It took mine 70 minutes to cook. Remove from oven and let cool. Drizzle on topping below.

Topping for Cooked Banana Bread

3/4 cup powdered sugar

3 tablespoons milk, more or less

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Whisk together and drizzle over cooled banana bread.

You can freeze this bread or reheat.  It keeps well for several days in a cool, dry place.  You can also refrigerate.  Makes one loaf.  Enjoy!

Best Banana Bread EverTSLC

The Best Banana Bread Ever TSLC

Best Banana Bread Ever - TSLC

If you like this recipe, you might also like my recipe for Pumpkin Banana Bread.

Be sure and PIN for later: The Southern Lady Cooks Best Banana Bread Ever

Be sure and check out The Southern Twins and Everything Kentucky on Facebook and give us a “Like”.  Thank You!

Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Pinterest or E-mail buttons at the bottom of each post. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below.

Just a reminder to look on the right hand side of this page and type in your e-mail address so you don’t miss new posts when they come out! Your e-mail will not be shared with anyone. We have almost 20,000 e-mail subscribers and they are always the first to know about any new posts.

1. Delicious! Making for the 2nd time in one week!!! It will definitely replace my other go-to banana nut bread recipe. Thank you for sharing.

2. I love the difference made by swirling in the brown sugar/cinnamon and the drizzle over top. It makes the bread “wet” in spots and puts it ahead all the rest. Thank you.

3. jane taylor says:

Made this today and fell in love. A little more effort than my previous recipe but totally worth it. Moist and tender with wonderful flavors.

4. My family agrees…the best banana bread ever…really! Moist and flavorful. I did add a 1/8 tsp of cardamom as that was in my previous favorite recipe.

5. Absolutely the best Banana Bread I have ever tasted!!! Gave a few slices to my neighbor who asked for the recipe! The directions for your recipe is perfect and easy to follow. And, my bread turned out looking as delicious as yours! Thank You!!!!

6. Going to make this for tea time today along with a poppyseed loaf and drizzle.
    It’s 6:40 am here Canada and I’m ready to get my bake on.Lol

7. I made this and it is wonderful. Getting ready to make it again tonight. Thanks for this!

8. Melody Foshee says:

I made this for the residents of an adult foster care facility where I work….they loved it!

9. For years ai looked for a banana bread recipe that was not dry on the ends when cooked all the way in the center. This is the best recipe! Everyone loves it! I use organic vanilla yogurt instead of sourcream, unsalted butter and it works well. Thank you for sharing !

10. Bread looks so good!

11. Made this today and love it! Even without the glaze, it’s moist and delicious. Thanks for sharing!

12. Do you use salted or unsalted butter?

13. My 2nd time making this..It is by far the best ever! It actually has that great banana taste! I changed it a little by using plain Greek Yogurt for the sour cream and we use wheat flour rather than white. Also, this time I use a PACKED 1/2c. brown sugar…Thanks so much!!!

14. Made this tonight and it really is the best banana bread ever. I’ve tried many banana bread recipes and my husband told me that it was the best one yet. Definitely keeping this recipe!

15. Hi I love your recipes but could you tell me the quantity of a cup does this equate to 4oz or equivalant to grams as I live in England many thanks keep the recipies comming.

16. I have been looking for a recipe for Banana nut muffins like the one we used to get in Banner Elk, N.C. Would I need to adjust anything in this recipe to use it for muffins?

17. We just loved this…My hubby loves banana nut bread,,he says this is the best he has ever tasted…<3

Thank you so much Faye! So happy you all like this bread and thank you for letting me know. Happy New Year to you both.

18. So no salt?

19. Perfect. This was my first try at banana bread and it came out perfect.

20. I can’t wait to make this it sounds amazing!!

21. Thank you, this is by far the best banana bread and is now our favorite.

22. Love this recipe. Got a question.. I’m going to freeze a few loads. How do I reheat it?

23. This was so good! I put the crumbles in the middle instead of on top and didn’t really swirl it …it left a pretty marble crunch yummyness in the middle.

24. Barbara Dowell says:

Planning to make this immediately, but question first. Some recipies I’ve used in the past call for bananas to be a little soft–not like you would want to eat one by itself. Your recommendation please. (Love getting your emailed recipes!)

25. I really enjoyed cooking this recipe And we enjoyed the finished product also thanks Gwen Jones Dothan Al.

26. Made this banana bread yesterday, so moist and delicious. Sorry to say none left today . Will have to make 2 loaves next time.

27. Linda Hendrickson says:

I just made this delicious banana bread. My husband and I agreed this is by far our favorite!!! Thank you, for sharing your recipe!

Thank you so much Linda! Happy you are enjoying the bread and thank you for letting me know. Have a great weekend.

28. Saw this Banana Bread yesterday and just had to make it last night. It’s the best scratch recipe I’ve ever made. I’ve made a lot in my 60+ years.I baked mine 65 minutes. Perfect! Looks just like the picture. My husband loves it!

I am so happy you liked it as much as we did, Kathy. Thank you so much for letting me know. Sounds like I could not get any better testament as to how good this is. Enjoy and have a great week.

29. Beautiful! Pinned…trying soon.

30. Oh. My god look good make some for t-day wow. You makeing mehurry kathy mmmmmm. Good thak you keep them comeing kathy. I love. You kathy and the family tell your mom dad plesse thank kathy

31. Could I possibly use something besides sour cream and it still turn out? Where I live in Panama sour cream isn’t common or very cheap if found, but if it can be replaced with something else, I would love to try this! Thanks!

32. I’m just about to take this bread out if the oven !! It smells yummy!!!

33. OMG, you had me at just looking at the pictures!! Can’t wait to make this, YUM!

34. I have used a lot of your recipes and have enjoyed every one that I made. Next I will make this banana bread. Thank you so much for these great recipes.

35. I tried a recipe I like where you cook the bananas in skins in oven 15 minutes @ 350 degrees until skins are black, scoop out the pulp & throw away the skins. Use 5 bananas per loaf of bread. Bumps up the flavor

36. Carol Smith says:

Will this banana bread double? Some recipes don’t and I would like to be sure. Thanks so much, I love this site!!!!!
    Carol Smith