SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CAKE
Sour cream chocolate cake is so good. If you are a chocolate lover, you will love this one! This cake is wonderful for any holiday, birthday or just anytime you want a good chocolate cake. Super easy to make the the sour cream makes this cake so moist. It’s great to enjoy with family and friends. If you love coconut, try this sour cream cake too!
Sour cream chocolate cake ingredients needed:
Classic chocolate frosting ingredients needed:
Milk or water
Walnuts, chopped (optional) Can use any kind of nuts you like.
If you add this classic chocolate frosting to this cake you are going to have a real treat! It’s so good and takes this cake to the next level. We love it with the walnuts but it would be good with pecans too. This is great with a scoop of ice cream and chocolate syrup. Almost like hot fudge cake!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Sour Cream Chocolate Cake
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
CLASSIC CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 1 stick butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons milk or water
- 1 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
- Beat eggs; add sour cream. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Add vanilla. Pour into 13x9x2 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes until cake tests done with a toothpick.Note: You can add 1 cup of chocolate chips to this recipe if you want to make it double chocolate.
CLASSIC CHOCOLATE FROSTING INSTRUCTIONS
- Can use any kind of nuts you like.Put the softened butter in mixing bowl and beat on high until very smooth and creamy. Stir in powdered sugar, cocoa, vanilla and milk (or water). Beat again until the frosting is spreadable. You may need a little more milk. If so, add 1 tablespoon at a time. Sprinkle nuts on top.
Don’t Forget to Pin Sour Cream Chocolate Cake!
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.