This recipe for crock pot pork roast and sauerkraut is so easy and really delicious. It’s one your family will love.
If you love this dish you will also love our Crock Pot Pork Roast and White Beans. This dish is comfort food at it’s best and perfect for the winter months.
Table of contents
❤️WHY WE LOVE THIS RECIPE
This recipe is so simple and easy to make, which is always a plus! Anything we can throw in the crock pot and enjoy later is a winner. This dish also has a wonderful taste and it’s so great over mashed potatoes, baked potato or sweet potato if you want to add something to this dish.
- Pork roast
- Sauerkraut, undrained (I use the kind that is usually found in the meat department and not in cans, but you can use the cans)
- Apple juice
- Onion, chopped
- Dry onion soup mix
- Brown sugar
- Salt and Pepper
I haven’t tried this dish with many swaps, I guess you could leave out the apple juice and use more water, or use a different sweetener in place of the brown sugar. I have made this recipe for many years, and it’s delicious just the way it is written.
🍽️HOW TO MAKE
This recipe is so easy, many people ask if we cut the roast before putting it in the crock pot. Yes, we will cut it to fit the crock pot.
Sprinkle pork roast with salt and pepper and place in crockpot. (Cut to fit pot if roast is too big) In a large bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together with a spoon. Pour the mixture over the roast.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours until meat is cooked and tender. Remove roast and pull apart. Serve and enjoy.
We have used many different cuts of pork but always a “roast”. You could try this with a pork tenderloin it may not shred as well.
This recipe is very popular for the New Year! If you read the comments many people make this dish as a sign of good luck.
SERVE THIS WITH
This dish goes great with our fried cornbread! Comfort food at it’s best! This dish also reheats really well and we love to make it on a Sunday and enjoy it for a few days. We love it over mashed potatoes.
❓FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You can simply make your own; here is our recipe.
Probably not twice but it will need more time.
Whatever size it will all fit in.
STORING AND REHEATING
We just store this dish in a tupperware container and reheat in the microwave. It’s a very simple dish that will be great as leftovers.
💕MORE POPULAR RECIPES TO ENJOY
This dish is about 8 servings.
Slow Cooker Pork Roast and Sauerkraut
- 2-3 lb. pork roast
- 2 lb. bag of sauerkraut undrained (I use the kind that is usually found in the meat department and not in cans, but you can use the cans)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Sprinkle pork roast with salt and pepper and place in crock pot. (Cut to fit pot if roast is too big) In a large bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture over the roast. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours until meat is cooked and tender. Remove roast and pull apart. Enjoy!