This sausage green chile breakfast casserole recipe is so simple and full of flavor. It’s the perfect dish to serve when you need a quick breakfast option. It takes very little time to put together, and it’s always a hit when I serve it. This dish is wonderful for brunch or the holidays!
Ingredients Needed for Sausage Green Chile Breakfast Casserole:
Breakfast Pork Sausage
Fiesta Blend Cheese
Recipe Notes: You can certainly use any cheese you enjoy. Feel free to change up the spices. Most breakfast casseroles include bread. This one does not. You can also cut this dish into small squares and serve it with toothpicks for a party appetizer. You could easily double this recipe and make two 9X13s.
If you like this recipe, you may want to try our tater tot breakfast casserole.
Please scroll down for the full recipe.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips, and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join thousands of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Sausage Green Chile Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb of breakfast pork sausage
- 1/2 cup of chopped red onion
- 2 4.5 ounces cans of green chilies, drained
- 2 cups of shredded Fiesta blend cheese separated
- 10 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 375. Brown sausage over medium heat until cooked through. Drain off any grease. Spread in the bottom of a greased 9X13 casserole dish. Sprinkle diced onions, green chilies, and one cup of cheese over the sausage.
- Mix eggs and spices together and pour over the sausage mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese over the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.Follow us on Instagram! © The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.