Cheese bread served hot right from the oven with a big bowl of soup will become one of your favorites. This is an easy, quick recipe and the cheese bread is delicious. Serve this cheese bread to your family and friends and it won’t last long. One of my favorite quotes about bread: “Good bread is the most fundamentally satisfying of all foods; and good bread with fresh butter, the greatest of feasts” —James Beard
Quick peppery cheese bread ingredients you will need
shredded sharp cheddar cheese or could use your favorite cheese
teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
This bread goes great with a spring salad for a big bowl of chili or potato soup. It’s very versatile and a recipe you can enjoy year round. It’s super easy to make and wonderful right out of the oven. You can always switch out the cheddar cheese for asiago, mozzarella or any your family loves. We store this bread in the refrigerator. *Optional ingredients: 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes. This bread is so good it does not even need butter on it!
This would go wonderful with our wilted lettuce salad!Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Quick Peppery Cheese Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or could use your favorite cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine or 8 tablespoons or 1 stick melted
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl combine flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper. In a smaller bowl beat eggs, melted butter and buttermilk together with a whisk. Add to flour mixture and mix with a spoon just enough to wet all the ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan that has just the bottom of the pan sprayed or greased. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan. Store in refrigerator. *