Blueberry shortcake is one of my favorites! My family loves blueberries and we eat them year round if we can get access to them. This blueberry shortcake is an easy dessert and so good. The sweetness of the blueberries with the shortcake is absolutely delicious. it’s so good topped with whipped topping or ice cream!
Blueberry Short Cake Ingredients Needed:
Blueberry Sauce Ingredients Needed:
Shortcakes are such a wonderful summer dessert and this one is really good. If you like strawberries you will love this recipe too.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or 4 tablespoons softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
Blueberry Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter and add egg and milk. Make into a dough that you can pat or roll out on a dough board. Can add more flour if needed.
- Cut out with a biscuit cutter and bake on a sprayed baking sheet in preheated 400 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the tops are brown and done in the middle. Makes approximately 10 to 12 shortcakes depending on size. (Sometimes, I use a tin can to cut out and make them bigger.)
Blueberry Sauce Instructions
- Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, and water in a pot on top of the stove. Bring to a boil and add the 2 cups of blueberries. Cook about 5 minutes and remove from stove. Add lemon juice and butter.
- To serve: Split one of the shortcakes, add a few uncooked, fresh blueberries in the middle. Place the top back on the shortcake and drizzle blueberry sauce over the entire cake. Add whipped cream or ice cream on top.
Follow us on Instagram!
Don’t Forget to Pin Blueberry Shortcake!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.
Feel free to “share” by clicking on the Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest icons below. You can print by clicking on the green printer icon below.