This delicious pumpkin pecan coffee cake is one you will make over and over again. Super easy and the taste is wonderful. You could easily make this cake a day in advance because it gets better with time. The brown sugar pecan topping is a great addition to this easy dessert. It is PERFECT for any holiday gathering!
Ingredients Needed for our Pumpkin Pecan Coffee Cake:
Can of pure pumpkin (not pumpkin mix)
Butter yellow cake mix (I use Betty Crocker)
Pumpkin pie spice
Butter, sliced in small pieces
Icing Topping (optional)
Milk or cream
Recipe Comments: “This may be one of the best cakes I have ever had! I made it for our Church Fall Festival and everyone loved it! I’m going to make it again for Thanksgiving! I love your recipes and your magazine, such delicious recipes.”-Carla
“This cake is ridiculously delicious! I make it for every event in the fall. Everyone gobbles it up!”-Suzanne
“I normally never review a recipe but I absolutely had to with this one!! This cake is out of this world good. It lasted one day. I’m making this again and again and definitely making it for Thanksgiving this year! Thank you!”-Michelle
Scroll down for the full recipe.
Pumpkin Pecan Coffee Cake
- 1/3 cup of butter melted
- 1 15 ounce can of pure pumpkin (not pumpkin mix)
- 2 eggs
- 1 15.25 ounce butter yellow cake mix (I use Betty Crocker)
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 th cup of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of butter sliced in small pieces
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of pecans
Icing Topping (optional)
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/4 th cup of milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix melted butter, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin spice, pure pumpkin and combine with am mixer. Next add cake mix (just the dry mix) and baking soda and mix all together. Spray a 9X13 dish with cooking spray and pour mixture into pan.
- Next combine all topping ingredients. It will be more like a crumble with the sliced butter. Spread over top of cake. Pat down a little so it will stick. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Mine was done right at 30 minutes, but oven vary so be sure and check it to see if it tests done. It may need more time. Remove from oven and let cool.
- If adding icing topping, combine powdered sugar and milk and drizzle over cake.
Be sure and Pin this delicious Pumpkin Pecan Coffee Cake:
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Don’t forget about our ebooks.
Click here to follow us on instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder