This easy Christmas divinity is so easy to make in the microwave and so good. You won’t ever make it any other way again! Makes a great gift, too. This recipe is adapted from a Sharp Carousel Microwave Cookbook that came with my first microwave many years ago. Divinity has been a family favorite for many years and it can be tricky to make. This divinity recipe has always worked for me.
Easy Christmas Divinity Ingredients Needed:
White granulated sugar
Light corn syrup
Pecans or nuts of your choice, chopped
As you can see this candy is made with simple ingredients. Some people add food coloring to make it more festive for the occasion. Like we stated above divinity can be tricky to make but once you learn the consistency you need you will be making this every year. All microwaves have different wattage and I have made this in different ones, you just need to work with what you have and get the correct consistency. Always use a glass bowl when making this candy and it will become very hot.
Divinity reviews: “I made this today and it turned out perfectly. I didn’t have Saran Wrap, so I used parchment paper instead. I have an 1100w microwave and cooked it 5 minutes and then 4 minutes. After adding the sugar mixture to the stiff egg whites, I had to beat it about 10-12 minutes to get it stiff enough.” – Ladonna
“Made this yesterday and it turned out perfect! The key is getting it hot enough. It was raining and still worked! Thank you for another fantastic recipe. I always come to your site first!” – Denise
“Your recipe for divinity is easy to follow and turned out great. I will be adding a few drops of food coloring for the holidays.” – Linda
“The easiest recipe ever. I’m so glad I found your recipe years ago. I’ll never make it any other way. Thank you!!” – Lorrie
“First time ever making Divinity. Followed recipe exactly and it came out perfect. Thanks for the recipe.” – Daphne
“Just made my first ever batch of Divinity using this recipe and it turned out perfect! Thank you for another great recipe that’s delicious and easy!” – Tenely Green
“I’ve made divinity all my loooong life and never…EVER…had it be so easy as yours…I just made a batch for gift giving and it is WONDERFUL. Thanks so so much.” – BJ
Full recipe in recipe card below.
If you love this recipe, be sure and try our Microwave Peanut Brittle! It is a wonderful Christmas treat!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Easy Christmas Divinity
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans or nuts of your choice chopped
- Combine sugar, water, corn syrup and salt in a glass casserole dish. Cover with saran wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Remove from microwave and take off saran wrap. Stir well and return to microwave uncovered. Cook on high for another 4 to 5 minutes until reaches hard ball stage when a little is dropped in cold water. Remove and cool about 4 minutes. Beat egg whites until stiff with mixer.
- Pour sugar mixture over egg whites beating constantly with mixer until mixture starts to lose its gloss and holds together. About 4 or 5 minutes. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Drop by teaspoonful onto wax paper. Makes about 25 pieces depending on size you make them