Microwave peanut brittle is so easy and delicious.
My family loves peanut brittle and I make it often. This is the only way to go. Make it in the microwave! Turns out great every time and is so good. Makes a great Christmas gift, too. This recipe is adapted from a Sharp Carousel Microwave Cookbook that came with my very first microwave many years ago. We have been enjoying this peanut brittle for many years and it’s always a hit. You could easily use pecans or cashews to switch things up!
Microwave peanut brittle ingredients needed:
Light corn syrup
Dash of salt
Shelled raw peanuts (Could use regular peanuts or pecans, too)
You want to use a glass casserole dish not tupperware and be very careful getting it out of the microwave. It will be very hot. Every microwave is different, so you will need to play with the recipe to learn exactly what works for you.
This peanut brittle is one of our most popular holiday recipes. It’s wonderful to give to friends and family as a food gift. It has great reviews too:
“I have used this recipe numerous times as well, and has always turned out wonderfully. I also like to make a spicy peanut brittle, the recipe is the same up until the vanilla. Instead of 1tsp., you add 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 1/2tsp rum flavoring, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper. It is so good, the cayenne gives it a little kick, I have had more people want this spicy brittle than the regular.” – Stephanie
“I live in Hawaii and I made a dozen batches for Christmas last year, everyone loved it” – Letha
“I microwave mine 4 minutes, stir, cook 4 minutes; add vanilla and butter, stir. Cook 2 minutess and then stir in baking soda. I also omit the salt. Have been making microwave peanut brittle over 30 years!” – Les
“Success! My microwave only takes 5 mins to cook this! Sweet.” – Sybill
“The microwave cooking time depends very much on the wattage of the microwave oven! My oven is rated at 1000 watts and the two cooking times for the two segments are 4:30 and 2:15.” -Charles
Again.. as you can see each microwave is different, you will need to play with the time to get the correct consistency. Read more comments below the recipe to see what worked for other people.
If you like this recipe, you will love my Easy Christmas Divinity, it’s made in the microwave too!Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Microwave Peanut Brittle
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Dash of salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shelled raw peanuts Could use regular peanuts or pecans, too
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray a baking sheet generously. Combine sugar, corn syrup and salt in a 3 quart microwave bowl. Stir in peanuts and microwave on high until light brown. (About 9 to 10 minutes.) Microwaves vary so you will have to watch the timing.
- Stir twice while cooking.(This gets very hot, so be careful not to get burned and I use a glass casserole dish. Don’t use tupperware. It will melt.) Stir in remaining ingredients. Mixture should be light and foamy. Quickly spread as thin as possible on greased baking sheet. Let cool and break into pieces. Makes about 1 pound of peanut brittle