This old-fashioned, classic peanut butter sheet cake is delicious. Peanut butter sheet cake has been around for years and is a wonderful peanut butter cake your family and friends will love. If you like peanut butter, you can’t go wrong with this cake because it has it in the cake and the frosting. This cake is a great cake to take to any gathering or event and you probably won’t bring any home. Everyone in my family loves peanut butter and this cake doesn’t last long at my house. It is best the day you make it but keeps several days in an airtight container in a cool place. You might also like to check out our recipe for peanut butter pie.
Peanut butter sheet Ingredients needed:
White granulated sugar
Peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
Buttermilk or can use regular milk (I use buttermilk)
Frosting Ingredients needed:
Peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
Buttermilk or regular milk (I use buttermilk)
This cake has great reviews and has been a favorite for many years. These old fashioned recipes have been around a long time for a reason.. because they are wonderful!
Recipe feedback: “I made this cake for Thanksgiving and it was a hit. My husband has asked for me to make it again for Christmas!” – Leslie
“Super easy and was a huge hit! I love sheet cakes and this one is a keeper! Thank you for another great recipe.” – Patricia
“This is such a great cake! We loved it! Thank you!” – Helen
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or 2 sticks or 16 tablespoons
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter crunchy or smooth
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or can use regular milk I use buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter or 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup peanut butter crunchy or smooth
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or regular milk I use buttermilk1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and sugar. Set aside. Combine the butter, water and peanut butter in a pot on top of the stove and bring to a boil. Remove from stove and slowly stir in milk and vanilla extract. Pour into the bowl with flour mixture and stir with a spoon to mix. Add the eggs and stir until all ingredients are wet and mixed. Line a 15 x 10 inch baking pan with foil and spread mixture in pan. I do not spray the foil before adding cake mixture. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes until center tests done. Add frosting while cake is still hot.
- Combine butter, peanut butter and milk in a pan on top of stove and bring to a boil. Remove pan and add powdered sugar and vanilla extract stirring to melt all ingredients together. You can add more milk if frosting gets too thick. Pour over cake and spread with a knife to cover entire cake.
Don’t forget to pin peanut butter sheet cake.
Follow us on Instagram.
Follow us on Pinterest
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.