This recipe for White Texas Sheet Cake is easy and delicious. If you like white cake with a delicious frosting you will love this cake. My family has always loved sheet cakes since they are thinner cakes and it makes a lot, it is perfect for a gathering. If you have followed our site for any amount of time you know we have several sheet cakes. If you like the regular Texas Sheet Cake, this one is a white version. They are both good!
Ingredients for White Texas Sheet Cake
White granulated sugar
Almond extract (can use vanilla extract)
Buttermilk (can use regular milk)
Almond or vanilla extract
Pecans or walnuts
As you can see this cake isn’t a lot of ingredients and you can make this rather quickly. It also keeps well, I like to just cut it up into squares and it is still good a few days later. I also let this cake cool before I frost it.
If you love sheet cakes, you may also love this delicious Peanut Butter Sheet Cake. It is one of our most popular recipes!
Recipe feedback: “I made this today for the first time. We love Texas sheet cake and this white cake is to die for!!! New family favorite for sure!” – Cassie
“I have made this several times and it is so easy and so delicious, sure doesn’t last long here.” – Charlotte
Note: I store this cake in the refrigerator.
Full printable recipe in recipe card below.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
White Texas Sheet Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 sticks butter or 1 cup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract can use vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk can use regular milk
- 2 eggs
Frosting Ingredients for White Texas Sheet Cake
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick butter or 1/2 cup
- 7 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Bring water and butter to a boil on the top of the stove, remove and pour into flour mixture.
- Stir in sour cream, almond extract, buttermilk and eggs in that order with a spoon. Spray or line a 10 x 15 jelly roll pan (this is a regular baking sheet with a lip all the way round it). I usually just line mine with aluminum foil. Bake cake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool and frost with recipe below.
- Bring butter and milk to boil on top of stove. Remove and add powdered sugar and extract. Stir until there are no lumps in the frosting. Can add nuts to the frosting or sprinkle on top
- Cut cake into squares. Makes about 15 to 20 servings depending on size you cut your pieces.
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
Be sure and PIN for later:
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.