APPLE SPICE SHEET CAKE WITH BROWN SUGAR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
This delicious Apple Spice Sheet Cake is a family favorite and such a wonderful treat. It’s wonderful for any Fall gathering but we love it year round! Definitely save this wonderful cake, the frosting takes it to another level. It’s perfect for a potluck since it’s a sheet cake. Super easy to make and the fresh apples are so good in it. Spend a day at the orchard with family and friends and come home and make this cake!
Apple Spice Sheet Cake Ingredients Needed:
Apples, (I use red delicious but you could use about any kind for this recipe)
White granulated sugar
Pecans or walnuts, chopped
Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
Personally this frosting is what really makes this cake amazing. The brown sugar with the spices in the cake is just so good! I think you could easily make this in a 9X13 cake pan too. I haven’t tried it, but see no reason why it wouldn’t work. I would add about 10 minutes to the baking time, but please check the center to see if it is done. You don’t want to over or under bake it.
“I loved this cake so much. I live alone and sort of was hesitant about baking it because of the size in a sheet pan, a lot of cake for one person…lol.. I made it and really loved it, gave most of it to friends and neighbors who raved about how delicious it was.” – Ricky
“This cake is incredible. The batter is really thick and I thought I did something wrong but it came out great. Frosting is not too sweet.” – Chris
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Apple Spice Sheet Cake with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 cups chopped apples (I use red delicious but you could use about any kind for this recipe. Peel, core and chop pieces a little smaller than a dime.)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts chopped
BROWN SUGAR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 tablespoons butter or 1 stick or 1/2 cup softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a bowl.
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs with a mixer. Combine with flour, add buttermilk and vanilla and mix. Fold in chopped apples and nuts with a spoon. Spray or line a 10 x 15 jelly roll pan (this is a regular baking sheet with a lip all the way round it)
- I usually just line mine with aluminum foil.Spread cake mixture in pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool and frost
- Mix all ingredients together with mixer. Spread over cooled cake.
You might also like our recipe for Italian Cream Cake.
Be sure and PIN this Apple Spice Cake for later:
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.