Cranberry loaf cake is a favorite for Christmas with my family and is so pretty.
Cranberry Loaf Cake is wonderful for the Christmas holidays. I make this loaf cake often as it is good anytime of the year. You can easily substitute different fruits and berries. This dessert keeps well for several days in a cool place. I normally just put it under a cake cover and it never lasts long at my house. This cake is delicious coffee. This cranberry dessert makes a great gift, too.
You might also like our recipe for easy Christmas divinity.
Cranberry Loaf Cake Ingredients:
White granulated sugar
Chopped fresh cranberries
Chopped nuts, pecans or walnuts
Glaze Ingredients Needed:
Recipe Notes: You don’t have to use the glaze. You can easily dust this loaf cake with powdered sugar.
Recipe Comments: “I love how pretty this cake turned out!!”-Kelly
“Made this for our church gathering last week and everyone loved it! Thank you for always sharing such wonderful recipes!! I also gave Front Porch Life Magazine for Christmas gifts last year and everyone loved it! I plan to do it again this year”-Sharon
If you like this loaf cake, you may want to check out our other cranberry recipes. Also, don’t forget about our maple banana bread. It’s delicious and also makes a fabulous food gift for the holidays.
Scroll down for the full recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup softened
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped nuts pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons milk
- Whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl and set aside. In a mixing bowl cream the butter, sugar and eggs with a mixer. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix along with milk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the chopped cranberries and nuts with a spoon. Spray a 9 x 5 bread pan with cooking spray. Pour in batter and bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes checking center at 1 hour since ovens will vary.
- Makes 1 loaf cake.
- Whisk together and drizzle over cake.
Be sure and PIN this Cranberry Loaf later:
Follow us on Instagram.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder