Blueberry crisp is an easy dessert recipe your family will love.
This is one of my favorite ways to use blueberries. Blueberry crisp takes only a few minutes to throw together and you have a delicious dessert that tastes like you spent hours making it. Take this to any event, function or holiday occasion and you won’t bring any home with you. I love the taste of the oats combined with the nuts in this recipe. You can double the recipe. It keeps well refrigerated for several days. Blueberry crisp is good reheated in the microwave or oven. I love it with whipped cream on top but ice cream is great, too. You might like to check out our recipe for cheesy apple casserole, too.
Ingredients Needed for Blueberry Crisp:
Fresh or frozen blueberries
White granulated sugar
Quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats, uncooked
Chopped walnuts or pecans
Recipe Comments: “I’ve made this twice now with the blueberries. Today I’m making it with peaches. Easiest recipe EVER!-Laura
“We really enjoyed this recipe. Not too sweet. Used a scant 4 cups of blueberries. Lovely served with vanilla bean ice cream. Will definitely make this again.”-Cathy
If you like this recipe, you may want to try our banana cobbler crisp. This dish is a cross between a cobbler and a crisp and is so good!
- 3 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats uncooked
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons butter or 1/2 cup or 1 stick
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Whisk together the white granulated sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl. Sprinkle over blueberries and toss so that they are all covered with mixture.
- Place blueberries in the bottom of a 9 x 9 baking dish. Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and chopped nuts in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or on the stove and pour into the flour mixture. Mix until it is all wet. Spread or sprinkle the oat topping over the blueberries and bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes until bubbling and browned on top.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
Don’t forget to pin blueberry crisp.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.