This delicious bacon zucchini pie is a wonderful way to enjoy zucchini. This could be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It’s so easy to make and reheats well, too. This will quickly become one of our favorite summer recipes. If you love this dish, you will also love our Garden Vegetable Pie.
Bacon Zucchini Pie Ingredients Needed:
Dried or fresh parsley
Dried or Fresh basil
This dish is so easy to throw together and super versatile. You can always use different cheese and spices. Add in ham instead of bacon or even breakfast sausage. We loved the flavor of this dish and have now made it many times. We always have lots of zucchini and this is just one of the many ways we love to eat it. If you have lots of yellow squash, try this Squash Cornbread Casserole.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Bacon Zucchini Pie
- 1 9 inch pie crust
- 4 slices of bacon cooked
- 1/2 cup of red onion chopped
- 4 cups of zucchini thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of dried or fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of dried or fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet, cook bacon, remove from skillet and set aside. In same skillet on medium heat, add zucchini and red onion.
- Cook while stirring until tender. About 3-4 minutes. Set aside and slightly cool.
- In large bowl whisk eggs and seasoning until blended, then add in zucchini mixture, bacon and cheese. Add to pie crust and cook for 30-35 minutes or until center comes out clean.
Be sure and pin this delicious Bacon Zucchini Pie:
Follow us on Instagram!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder