This easy squash cornbread casserole is one your family will love.
If you have extra squash from your garden this delicious squash cornbread casserole is a must make. Only a few ingredients and make the perfect side dish. The stuffing mix is a great addition to this casserole. You could use zucchini as well or even add both.
Squash Cornbread Casserole ingredients needed:
Cream of chicken soup
Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing
Mild green chilies
Cheddar cheese, shredded
The stuffing mix really adds a wonderful flavor to this dish and you could easily use just regular stuffing mix, too. I do think you could also use greek yogurt in the place of the sour cream if you needed to. This dish would be wonderful for a potluck too. It could easily be doubled!
If you like this recipe, you may also want to try our cheesy bacon yellow squash casserole. It has great reviews!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Squash Cornbread Casserole
- 6 cups of of yellow squash sliced and quartered
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 10.3 ounce can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 6 ounce package of Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 4 ounce can of mild green chilies
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sauté yellow squash, onion and minced garlic over medium heat until tender.
- In a separate bowl, combine stuffing mix, soup, sour cream and green chilies. Fold in squash mixture, top with cheese.
- Pour into a 2 quart greased pan and cook on 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Be sure and pin this delicious side dish:
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.