These are the easiest cookies you will ever make and they are so good. You won’t be able to stop eating them. If you are a peanut butter lover, you will love these!
1 cup crunchy peanut butter (I use the extra crunchy because I like the nuts but you can use the smooth, too.)
1 egg
1 cup sugar
Mix all ingredients, roll into balls about the size of a walnut and flatten. Can sprinkle with sugar.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Makes about a 12 to 15 cookies depending on the size you make them.
Note:  I have made these cookies using Splenda and they are just as good.
You might enjoy these other great cookies recipes, too:

Oatmeal Treats Cookies
Old-Fashioned Soft Molasses Cookies
Shortbread Cookies or Tea Cakes

Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Pinterest or E-mail buttons at the bottom of each post. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below.

Just a reminder to look on the right hand side of this page and type in your e-mail address so you don’t miss new posts when they come out! Your e-mail will not be shared with anyone. We have almost 22,000 e-mail subscribers and they are always the first to know about any new posts.

1. I love all of your recipes. They are simple to make and always turn out great. Keep up the great work.

2. My fiance is making then right now!

3. I made these cookies last night and they were delicious and perfect. My husband and kids loved them. Thank you!

4. have made these for years and we love them. Always make at Christmas time for my Cookie Trays. So easy and quick to make. Delish!!!!

5. As soon as I seen that it only had 3 ingredients I knew the recipe. I found this in an old country cook book about twenty years ago. It was a life saver. we just got 2 ft of snow and I had three bored kids and not much in the house at the time. But we always had peanut butter. They are the best. My kids are now showing theirs how to make them.

7. diane jewell says:

I make theese all the time. Easy enough for kids. However i use an 18oz jar of pb 2cups sugar (or 1c brown 1c white) 2eggs.

8. Georgia Tauchas says:

Can I use zero calorie granulated Splenda?

9. Made these yesterday…husband loved them. I cooked them for 6 minutes in my New Wave oven…let them cool a few more minutes. They firmed up as does sugar as it cools. Very nice! Thanks! They’re easy to make, too.

10. One problem with those wonderful cookies, they did not last long enough. Thank you from the grandkids.

11. Love these!! They came out perfect!! Will brown sugar work as well?

12. I have made them twice and they have turned out beautifully. I believe the cookies must cool completely before you touch them if you don’t want them to crumble. Hot cookies will crumble. Cool ones are perfect.

13. Mine didn’t look like this at all – but they taste really good. I didn’t have any problems with crumbling like some others have mentioned. So easy!

14. going to try them for sure barbara st..

15. Annice Ponder says:

I just made these using Splenda. Hubby has to watch carbs and sugar. They are great. He will be surprised, a cookie he can eat. Thanks for the recipe.

16. Oh don’t be sorry, I guess not every recipe works for every cook. I do love your recipes tho. Keep ’em coming! 🙂

17. I’ve been making these for years…recipe from another source. She is right that you can’t over-bake them, though they’ll still taste good. I find they work best with regular peanut butter ….. not the more expensive all-natural ones. The deal right now is they are gluten-free, which is important for so many.

18. curlene williams says:

i love this recipe, thank you ,my husband and kids enjoy them a whole lot!!

19. The Southern Lady says:

You must have cooked them too long. Ovens vary in temperatures sometimes.

20. Just took them out of oven and they look awesome however I touched one and seem to fall apart into dust…is this just because they r still warm?

21. I’m assuming you can also use the peanut butter that has honey in it, right? My family loves the honey peanut butter.

22. I wonder if they would work with the chocolate peanut butters?

23. what about using egg whites? no yolk…

24. Doris Haywood says:

I will try this sounds so easy

25. Vicki Patterson says:

love this recipe, been making it most of my life but we always added hershey kisses to the top, mmmmmmmm yummy just thinking about it

26. This recipe sounds crazy, but don’t let that stop you – they’re delicious with either plain or crunchy peanut butter. It’s a good basic cookie, you can add anything you like. I sometimes put them on cooling racks and drizzle 10X sugar glaze over them. Talk about gilding the lily!

27. Judy Bowman says:

My Great Aunt taught me to make these years ago. I passed my foods class by making them without flour as my teacher didn’t think it was possible as we added chocolate stars on top before baking. Awesome cookies.

28. You can make bigger batches too .. 2,2,2, or 3,3,3, — The largest batch I have made was the 3,3,3 and they come deeeelish everytime!!!!!

29. Nancy Johnson says:

ooohhhh……gluten free….cant wait to try them!

30. Just make these. I just dumped them off the spoon without rolling them. I would have liked a little more peanut butter and a little less sugar though. I didn’t grease my pan, instead, I dropped them on foil and they turned out great.

31. I can’t wait to try these! Im stuck in the house today due to a snow storm, so what better way to spend the day then baking?!? I wanted an easy receipe, and I found it!! Thanks for sharing this!

32. Are these a soft cookie?

33. How much Splenda did u use on place of sugar!!!

34. Julie Edwards McCartney says:

Great..”Project ” for my 21/2 Yr old Granddaughter..and NaNa..Jan 25, 2013…Thxs..NaNa!..ESP. For Gluten Intolerent..8 Yrold Sister!!

35. greased or ungreased cookie sheet?

36. Patricia Nickdowicz says:

These sound delicious. Can’t wait to try them. Thanks for the receipe….. <3

37. I have often made these, and added a little vanilla. Mine don’t come out looking like those in the picture, though….you have a very pretty cookie and light in color.

38. Does anyone else put miniature marshmallows on top of their peanut butter cookies prior to baking? I grew up with my mother making them this way and have continued. So yummy.

39. Do you use an ungreased, grease or sray the pan?

40. These will be great for my gluten sensitive granddaughter! Thanks.

41. How many does this recipe make? Thanks for the info.. I visit your site everyday. It’s great!!

42. My husband loves peanut butter cookies cant wait to make these today for him….I love this page and all the wonderful recipes you post being a Bama baby brings back memories of being at grandmas house..

43. Used to make these for my children when they were little and still use the recipe today and have told many about it !!

44. Wendy C in Ann Arbor says:

Do you use granulated sugar or brown sugar in these? Can’t wait to try them – simple sounds great!!

45. Kathy Peterson says:

I am going to try making these for sure. Doesn’t seem like it could work. but the comments say different.
    Too easy to be true.

46. Will this work with creamy peanut butter too?

47. Made these this afternoon. Couldn’t imagine how you could make a cookie without flour. My husband liked them and they are so easy.