This recipe for southern succotash pasta salad is a great summer salad and can be made with fresh vegetables or frozen. It keeps for several days in the refrigerator. It is very versatile in that you can add whatever you like or have on hand. Take this salad to any gathering or event and it will be a hit every time. You might also like our recipe for creamy cucumber salad.
Succotash pasta salad Ingredients Needed:
Southern Style Fordhook frozen Lima Beans
Uncooked garden rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions to al dente (could use any pasta you like)
Bacon slices, cooked till crispy and crumbled
Chopped green onion
Mayonnaise or could use Miracle Whip
You can add shredded cheese or chopped tomatoes to this salad. You could also use shrimp or chicken instead of ham. Super versatile and absolutely delicious! You can make this salad a day in advance too.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Southern Succotash Pasta Salad
- 1 12 ounce package Southern Style Fordhook frozen Lima Beans
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups uncooked garden rotini pasta cooked according to package directions to al dente (could use any pasta you like)
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 4 or 5 bacon slices cooked till crispy and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or could use Miracle Whip
- Combine lima beans, corn and water. Microwave 10 minute or until beans are soft and drain. Combine beans and corn with pasta, ham, bacon, onion, salt, pepper, celery seeds, sugar, vinegar and mayonnaise in a large bowl. Refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving. Makes 6 cups or servings.
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.