Make this sausage crescent bake for any holiday breakfast or just anytime you want a delicious breakfast meal for your family. This dish is very versatile in that you can use different meats, cheeses, and spices. Sausage crescent bake is so simple to prepare. It keeps well in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the microwave or oven. We love it with our morning coffee. You might also like our crescent roll coffee cake recipe.
Ingredients Needed for Sausage Crescent Bake:
Diced green chiles, drained (optional)
Original Crescent Rolls
Shredded cheddar cheese
Recipe Notes: This recipe is versatile in that you can use any kind of cheese or meat that your family enjoys. Add in any spices you like as well. I sprinkled the top of the crescent rolls with garlic powder, little salt and pepper.
Recipe Comments: “Wow this is delicious! I just made this for Christmas brunch today and we all loved it.”-Karen Becker
“Just made this for dinner tonight and it was soooooo good! My husband also enjoyed it!”-Melanie
If you like this recipe you may want to try our crescent ham rolls. They are always a huge hit when I serve them.
Full recipe in printable recipe card.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Sausage Crescent Bake
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles, drained (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 2 8 ounce packages original crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fry sausage, onion, green chiles, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a skillet on top of the stove. Drain if needed.
- Add cream cheese and cook until melted. Spread one can of the crescent rolls in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and crimping openings in dough together to make a flat bottom. Add sausage and creamed mixture on top. Sprinkle on shredded cheddar cheese. Spread the other can of crescent rolls on top crimping edges together.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until top is nicely browned. Slice into pieces with a knife or use a pizza cutter to slice. I made about 20 pieces but I sliced some larger than others
Don’t forget to pin sausage crescent bake.
Follow us on Instagram!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without the written permission of the copyright holder.