SOUR CREAM ZUCCHINI BROWNIES
These zucchini brownies are SO GOOD!
Zucchini Brownies are a great way to use up some of that zucchini from the garden. I have one zucchini plant this summer and it is half as big as my patio and I get two or three zucchini a day! I cannot believe this plant has produced so much. I have made zucchini bread, fried zucchini, zucchini cake, zucchini brownies and I guess the cookies will be next on the menu. We love zucchini and these brownies are one of our favorites. This makes a moist, chewy zucchini brownie with lots of chocolate flavor.
Ingredients Needed for Zucchini brownies:
100% pure cocoa
White granulated sugar
Chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
Chopped walnuts or pecans
Scroll down for full recipe.
If you have an abundance of zucchini, you may want to try our Italian zucchini pasta casserole. It’s SO good!
Recipe Comments: “I followed the recipe with no changes. it is absolutely delicious. Moist and thick. Just love them. This will recipe will be a keeper for sure!!”-Carolyn
“I made these delicious brownies, very moist and great chocolate flavor. Great way to use zucchini.”-Janie
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Sour Cream Zucchini Brownies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 100% pure cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups white granulated sugar
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 tablespoons butter or 1/2 cup melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips I used semi-sweet
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and sugar. Add shredded zucchini, sour cream, butter, eggs, vanilla extract and mix well with a spoon.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Add your brownie mixture. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Ovens vary so check to make sure they are done.
If you like this recipe, you might also like my recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brownies.
Don’t Forget to Pin Zucchini Brownies!
Click to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.