Cranberry chicken is a different way to serve chicken.
Crock Pot Cranberry Chicken is an easy recipe. Just throw all the ingredients in the crock pot and in a few hours you have a great way to serve chicken! This recipe could be doubled if you are feeding several people. This makes a wonderful main dish to serve friends and family. Just add a vegetable side dish and a salad for a complete meal. My family loves chicken made this way as a weeknight meal or just anytime you want to have an easy way to prepare chicken. You could make this with other chicken pieces and I have even made pork chops this way, too. This chicken keeps well for several days in the refrigerator and could be reheated in the oven or microwave. We love this recipe with mashed potatoes.
Cranberry chicken will be great on your weekly menu.2 or 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (could use legs or thighs or a whole chicken) 1 regular sized can whole cranberry sauce 1 envelope dry onion soup mix 1/2 cup water 2 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca (Optional) 2 tablespoons brown sugar Combine all the ingredients, mix well, pour over chicken, cook for 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low. Spoon sauce over chicken before serving. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Cranberry Chicken
- 2 or 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (could use legs or thighs or a whole chicken)
- 1 regular sized can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca Optional
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Combine all the ingredients, mix well, pour over chicken, cook for 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low. Spoon sauce over chicken before serving.