This sausage and rice dressing is absolutely delicious. I’ve served this dish at Thanksgiving and Christmas and have taken it to several potlucks. I always get asked for the recipe. Not only is this dish full of flavor, but it’s also simple to prepare. If you need an easy side dish…this is it!
Ingredients Needed for Sausage and Rice Dressing:
Pork breakfast sausage
Diced white onion
Cream of mushroom
Uncooked long-grain rice (NOT instant rice)
Dried rosemary leaves
salt and pepper to taste
Recipe Notes: I always make this recipe in a 2-quart casserole dish with a top on it. You can always cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil, too. I love serving this dish and our homemade cranberry sauce. The sweet and the savory go together so well.
Scroll down for the full recipe.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Sausage and Rice Dressing
- 1 lb of pork sausage
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1/2 cup of diced white onion
- 1 can of cream of mushroom
- 1 14.5 ounce can of chicken broth
- 1 cup of uncooked long-grain rice (NOT instant rice)
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Brown sausage, onion, celery, and minced garlic over medium heat until cooked through. Drain. Add rosemary and thyme to the sausage mixture. Place in a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a separate bowl mix chicken broth and cream of mushroom together. Add rice to the liquid mixture. Mix together and combine with sausage.
- Cover dish (I used a dish that has a top but you can cover tightly with aluminum foil) and cook for 60-70 minutes until rice is cooked through.
- Let the casserole sit for 15 minutes to cool. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Be sure and pin our sausage and rice dressing:
Are you on Instagram? Follow us!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without the written permission of the copyright holder.