The Mexican wedding cookie is always popular at Christmas. These cookies are served at Mexican weddings as a dessert as well. They are kind of like shortbread and will melt in your mouth. They have many different names and we absolutely love them. They are a must make each Christmas season. These cookies are a wonderful gift for friends and family. You may also like our Easy Christmas Divinity!
Mexican Wedding Cookies only 6 simple ingredients:
Pecan or almonds, ground
If you haven’t made these Mexican Wedding Cookies you really need to give them a try. They really are a classic Christmas cookie and always well received. Of course they are are perfect for any occasion and many people serve them at weddings!
Great reviews on these little treats: “These are my favorite Christmas cookie. My Mom also, Thank you for posting these. I had lost her recipe a few years ago. I was happy to see yours. I love that you use vanilla and almond extract. I also use both with my sugar cookie recipe.” – Patricia
“I made these cookies…..very simple recipe but they are delicious! Thanks for the recipes!” – Darla
“Made them and they were delicious! They didn’t last a day! Will definitely be making them again and again!” – Mary
“I made these cookies for my extended family, all of whom are Mexican and they thought I got them at a Mexican bakery.” – Karen
Full recipe in recipe card below.
If you love this recipe, be sure and try our Microwave Peanut Brittle! It is a wonderful Christmas treat!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Mexican Wedding Cookies
- 1 cup powdered sugar divided
- 1 cup butter or margarine or two sticks softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract optional
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecan or almonds ground
- Beat the softened butter, 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar, the almond extract and the vanilla extract with mixer well. Add the all-purpose flour and continue mixing until a dough forms. Fold in the pecans with a spoon. Make into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes. (Mine are usually done in 15 minutes but ovens vary). Remove from oven and roll in the other 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. (I let mine cool and roll a second time which means you may need a little more sugar if you roll twice.) Makes about 36 cookies depending on size you make them.
Do you know we have a full Ebook Collection with our most popular recipes? We created this collection so you can have easy access to the recipes you all love. Saves to any digital device and you have all the recipes at your fingertips!Be sure and PIN our Mexican Wedding Cookies for later: Click here to follow us on Instagram. © The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.