Seasoned oyster crackers are quick, easy and so good. Make them for a snack or serve them to friends and family with your favorite soup. Either way, you can’t go wrong with these little seasoned crackers. My mother-in-law made these crackers for years and took them to the local nursing home as treats for the patients. She visited the nursing home several times a week and always took treat bags with snacks, cookies, etc. They looked forward to her visits with what she called her “care packages”. You could double this recipe and they keep well in an air-tight container. These crackers would make a great gift along with soup ingredients or a jar of homemade soup. You might also like our Crispix Snack Mix!
These seasoned oyster crackers are only a few ingredients.
Hidden Valley Ranch original ranch dressing mix (not prepared)
It’s amazing how these simple ingredients create such a wonderful snack. We make these every Christmas! They are such a tradition in our home. If you haven’t tried these you definitely should. Super simple to make and always a hit.
Full recipe below.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Seasoned Oyster Crackers
- 1 9 ounce package oyster crackers
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1 1 ounce package Hidden Valley Ranch original ranch dressing mix (not prepared)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or Canola oil
- Combine dried dill weed, ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, onion powder and vegetable oil in a large bowl or a large Ziploc bag. Put in oyster crackers and mix well.
- Spread crackers on a baking sheet and bake 20 minutes in a preheated 275 degree oven or until crackers are golden brown. Stir a couple times during baking. Makes about 6 cups.
Don’t Forget to Pin Seasoned Oyster Crackers:
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.