Crispix snack mix is one of my favorite snacks to have on hand. My family loves this stuff and I cannot keep it made up. They eat it as fast as I make it. This mix is so easy to make and is wonderful to serve anytime you have a gathering of family and friends for ballgames, holidays or any event where you need a lot of something for several people. I try to keep this crispix snack mix on hand but it never lasts long at my house. It is a favorite family snack for watching television at night and you just want a little something to snack on. It keeps for weeks in an airtight container and you can double or halve the recipe. You might like to check out our recipe for seasoned oyster crackers.
Crispix snack mix simple ingredients.
Nuts (you can use peanuts, walnuts, pecans or whatever nuts you like)
Onion salt or powder
As you can see in the photo above that isn’t crispix. I wanted to update this recipe but unfortunately they didn’t have any this holiday season. So I used corn chex cereal and rice chex cereal. It was just as good! This is a very versatile recipe and you can play with the seasonings. This snack mix also makes a wonderful gift during the holiday season.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Crispix Snack Mix
- 7 cups of the original crispix cereal
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups nuts you can use peanuts, walnuts, pecans or whatever nuts you like and you can combine them
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt or powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt if I use the onion salt, I don't put in the regular salt, too, but I usually use the onion powder
- Combine cereal, nuts and pretzels in a mixing bowl. Combine remaining ingredients and toss with the cereal mixture. Spread on a 9 x 13 baking sheet and bake in preheated 200 degree oven for 1 hour stirring after 30 minutes. Makes 8 1/2 cups.
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
Don’t forget to pin this delicious snack mix:
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.