This hot milk cake is an old fashioned recipe that never disappoints. It is wonderful with a cup of coffee or a tall glass of milk. This cake is so easy to make, it’s perfect if you need a quick dessert. Serving it with any kind of fruit only makes it better… if that is even possible. This is just a great old-fashioned cake that everyone loves.
Ingredients need for Hot Milk Cake:
Milk (I use 2% milk)
Frozen unsweetened raspberries
Recipe Feedback: “This is my all-time favorite cake. My grandmother made this same recipe. I am 65 and have been making it since I was old enough to bake. Really good to use in strawberry shortcake.”-Nancy
“I loved this cake! I’ve been a baker for 60 years and this is one of the best plain cake recipes ever.”-Pat
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Hot Milk Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk I use 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter
Raspberry Fruit Topping
- 1 (12 ouncpackage frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Beat the eggs with a mixer until lemon colored. Add sugar and vanilla and continue mixing. Whisk together the flour and baking powder and add to the batter. Combine milk and butter in a pan on top of the stove and heat just until butter is melted. Pour into cake batter and mix until smooth.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray. Spread batter in pan and bake in preheated 350 degree oven about 35 minutes or until center is done. You can top with fresh fruit or use canned or frozen with this cake.
Raspberry Fruit Topping Directions
- Combine ingredients and bring to boil on top of stove. Cook until thickens like a sauce. You can do this with any frozen fruit. No need to thaw first.
Be sure and Pin our Hot Milk Cake for later:
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder