This easy sawdust pie is delicious, and when I say easy…I mean it! You simply mix the ingredients, pour in a pie shell, and bake. It’s that simple! This pie is full of coconut, graham crackers, and pecans. It tastes a bit like a pecan pie but without the heavy syrup. It’s so good and always a hit anytime we serve it.
Ingredients Needed for Easy Sawdust Pie:
Liquid egg whites
Graham cracker crumbs
Sweetened flaked coconut
9-inch deep dish pie crust
Recipe Notes: We love this pie served with ice cream or whipped cream. Many people enjoy it with whipped cream and a few sliced bananas.
You may also enjoy our cinnamon pecan cobbler.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips, and much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Easy Sawdust Pie
- 1 cup of liquid egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups of sweetened flaked coconut
- 9- inch deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place crust in a deep dish pie plate. Stir all ingredients together and pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the pie is set.
- Let the pie cool for 1-2 hours.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.