This frosted french toast will quickly become your favorite! First….it’s absolutely delicious, and second, it’s SO EASY! This french toast is baked, meaning no standing in the kitchen in front of a hot skillet or griddle. We love this dish because it’s easy enough for just a quick breakfast and fancy enough to serve guests. It’s definitely a recipe you’ll make over and over again.
Ingredients Needed for Frosted French Toast:
Thick bread, sliced (I use our sourdough bread, you could easily use french bread)
Frosted Flakes cereal
- We use thick bread for this french toast because it holds the cereal better. Just regular sandwich bread would not work the best in this recipe.
- You could also chop up pecans to sprinkle on top before going into the oven.
- We enjoy serving this french toast with a side of fresh fruit and a few slices of bacon.
Speaking of french toast….you may also want to try our maple pecan french toast casserole!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips, and much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Frosted French Toast
- 4 slices of thick white bread we use our sourdough bread
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
- 2 cups of Frosted Flakes
- Preheat oven to 450. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a shallow dish, mix together eggs, whipping cream, ground cinnamon, and vanilla. In another shallow dish, place the Frosted Flakes (I lightly crush them up just to make it easier for them to stick to the bread).
- Place a slice of bread in the egg mixture coating both sides. Then place in the Frosted Flakes, coating both sides with the cereal and place on baking sheet. Repeat with each slice of bread. Bake for 10-15 minutes until bread is a light brown. Serve with powdered sugar, syrup, or fruit.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.