This Chicken Parmesan Meatball Skillet is perfect for a busy night! It’s really easy to make and comes together quickly. We love to serve this dish over rice or pasta, but honestly the meatballs are just as good on their own. It also reheats really well so you can enjoy this one for a few nights. Add these easy rolls and breadsticks!
Chicken Parmesan Meatball Skillet Ingredients Needed:
Parmesan Cheese, shredded
Canned Crushed Tomatoes
Mozzarella or Italian Cheese
Oil for pan
As you can see it’s not very many ingredients and most of them you probably have on hand. I make this dish in an iron skillet since this will go in the stove for about 10 minutes. If you do not have an oven safe skillet, you can make it on top of the stove then transfer it to an oven safe dish.
If you love this easy dish you will also love our Hamburger Goulash. It’s a very popular recipe and super easy too!
Full recipe in recipe card below.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Chicken Parmesan Meatball Skillet
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons of minced garlic divided
- 1 egg
- 1 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 1 cup of mozzarella or Italian cheese
- oil for pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 1 egg, Parmesan cheese and oregano in a bowl and mix together with hands. Once combined make meatballs.
- Add oil to oven proof skillet, add meatballs and cook on medium heat. Brown each side. 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from skillet and set aside on a plate. Turn skillet down and add more oil and 2 teaspoons of minced garlic.
- Next add crushed tomatoes and basil. Add meatballs and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Top with mozzarella and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.